The Village Hall:The building was originally the East Drayton Old Church of England School which was built around 1852. In 1966 the school was closed due to reduced numbers of students and teachers. Trustees were appointed by the Church to administer the foundation created and any endowments on the buildings and land. The school was sold to the village in 1974 and became the East Drayton village hall. The proceeds were to be invested with the Official Custodian of Charities. In 1987 it was established that the monies had been left in the Southwell Diocese bank account and not invested as stated. A new charity was created and named the East Drayton Educational Charity with the funds invested with the Official Custodian of Charities. This is the current status. (Charities)The income of the charity is derived from interest on the funds invested and paid into the bank account of the charity to be distributed by the trustees in accorance with the charity deeds.
The Future:To upgrade the Village Hall building to create more spacefor social occasions. The windows and door were replaceda few years ago but the function area is too small. The provisional budget for the upgrade is approximately £80,000 An approach has been made to the planning authorities to establish the feasibility of the upgrade and next the committee will liaise with the Parish Council over availablegrants.