History: Architecturally, the oldest part of the church dates from the late 12th Century with 13th and 15th Century additions. The North arcade is 14th Century early Decorated while the South arcade is 15th Century Perpendicular. Having survived being in “an evil plight” in 15th Century, the chancel was restored by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in 1857. The nave and aisles were restored by public subscription in 1873. Grotesque carvings in the Nave roof depict the 'Green Man'Features:The fine 15th Century wooden screen which is canopied, vaulted and decorated with lively tracery. a 14th Century floor slab with stylised cross. ‘cake rings’ (cheeses) celebrating weddings on the interior of the bell ringing chamber walls, 1777 -1865 (Latest added in 2008)Credits for text to Jean & Richard Ward and Southwell & Nottingham DAC Church History ProjectThe Lychgate was replaced in year 2004 in the style of the original with a grant of £11,477 from the Heritage Lottery Fund. A time capsule was included within the foundations.For those who are interested in tracing their family history, church register evidence is available from 1755.